Keeping your pets safe

Due to their poison Cane Toads pose a real threat to peoples pets. The symptoms to look out for are virtually the same as for those in humans: Excessive salivating, dizziness and lack of co-ordination, bright red gums, vomiting, increased heart rate and/or convulsions. In some cases death may result.

Irresistible to animals that don't know better

If you believe your dog has been poisoned run a hose over it's mouth and gums being careful not to let the water run down the throat (have the dogs head lowered toward the ground). Rub the gums and lips in order to clear the poison away. As soon as you are able, get the animal to a vet.

Comments