Wildlife Round Up IV

Life being all lifey and such it's been a bit difficult finding time to post - best i've been able to do are some quick 'tweets' - but that's not really posting - that's just a whole different way of being ignored lol.

Anyway, here's a bunch of pics taken here that while maybe not the most informative, I think are quite interesting all the same - so I wanted to share them with you good reader - and the dude sitting next to you too.

Potter wasp Delta arcuata grabbing some nectar 



Love those checker board eyes eh?

Cairns Birdwing caterpillar (Ornithoptera euphorion)

It's either love or a novel approach to playing tug of war ...

I'm thinking some form of Melanitis sp great smile anyway eh?

Like I said - I don't have a lot of time at the moment - so this post is what it is - brief lol. Still, at the risk of sounding like a broken record though I suppose plenty of people who read this will have no idea what that sounds like - which is depressing ... SO, at the risk of repeating myself - can I just encourage you to step outside and have a look around ... sure - take your beer, but take your kids too and ya mates and whoever else you can rustle up or bribe.

If enough of us start to truly treasure the little creatures of our garden - just think how much more value we might place on the lesser seen but threatened animals most of us already appreciate?

It's just a thought.

Comments