Garden Guests: A Retrospective

I started Garden Guests in 2008, and there have been a few posts along the way. Some have been deleted, others lost in the shuffle or changed.

So I thought, why not a post featuring pics that aren't online here any longer - or just images that I like - either because of the subject, or just the photo as a whole?

If you're feeling a bit nostalgic, come with me for a saunter down memory lane ... no, no - bring ya beer - that's fine.

One of my personal fav's

The soft pastels

and soft textures

contrast well with the hard edges

Yellow flower spider, destroying a mighty carpenter bee

Ant mimicking spider - fascinating critter

Another personal favourite - sunbird collecting food for its brood

A mega handsome male sunbird in his prime

Caper white, havin' a sip of nectar

A tiny Cycad blue

The iconic Ulysses butterfly

Papilio fuscus on a windy late afternoon

Blue tiger, early in the morning light

A bit of a different view of a hawkmoth

Gorgeous male white-lipped tree frog in full breeding colours 

A juv frog reflecting on the pool fence one rainy night

A graceful tree frog - being just that

Gecko in the car port

And the bedroom

Giant mantid havin' a wash

Who's observing whom, eh?

Wattle pigs - busy making more wattle pigs

Night tiger with glowing eyes in the banana plant

And a juvenile in the bedroom

I named this local guy 'Chainsaw' and he's awesome!

We started with a dragonfly, and I'd like to finish with one too.

Painted grasshawk

This post has been a lot of fun to put together - the images bring back loads of good memories. And I hope you've enjoyed them as well.

The wildlife bothering expedition is still on - so check back for that.


I'm slowly making progress with the old blog ... and I should really quit while I'm marginally ahead.

I should, but I won't, so ... hang in there with me.

Cheers for stopping by - and as always, take care Paul

Comments

Popular Posts