That's a Wrap!

I've always wanted to say that - sorry. Right on with the post. I enjoy watching spiders doing their do - they are macabrely interesting.

Once as a lad, I was observing an orb, a little like the one pictured - as it sat quietly in the corner patiently waiting.

When right on cue, a poor-hapless moth blundered into her beautiful trap. And with lightning speed the spider was upon it.

One or two quick bites to deliver the venom, not only immobilising her victim, but also to begin the digestion process. Followed by a frenetic entombing in silk.

It was all over in a matter of moments.

Garden orb (Eriophora sp.)


Feeding


I've got a bit of a wildlife bothering expedition planned for this weekend, so you know what that means ... you probably won't hear from me for months lolz.

Nah - well, I hope not.

But you know how it is when ya go out lookin' for critters ... it's a little like dating, when you're all keen and good to go there's nought around but head-cases and weirdos.

Get yaself all loved up however, and before ya can say open-relationship, it's a veritable smorgasbord.

Possibly not my best analogy there - anyway, it'll have to do as there's gear to organise and I need a can of caffeine ...

Garden orb weavers construct, take down and rebuild their webs on a daily basis, and usually take no more than 30–35 minutes to complete a large web.


Cheers for stopping by and, as always - take care, Paul

Comments

Popular Posts