Green Jumping Spider

It's difficult not to be impressed by jumping spiders. And it's not just for their athletic ability either, it's the acute awareness of their surroundings that makes me stop and take notice.

Take this Mopsus for example. Right from the get go this ferocious little hunter had his eyes on me (well, at least a few of them). But it didn't deter him from his hunt, and he soon found a meal in this March-fly (Plecia amplipennis).


Mopsus mormom


Who's watching whom?


Just look at the amazing lay-out of his eyes - 360° views!


Take Care - Paul

For me personally, the following is a neat little news item. And, as I've spent quite a lot of time on Horn Island, I thought I'd include it. If you ever get the chance, I'd encourage you to go and take a look - say Hi for me!

"A tiny spider discovered recently in Australia has been named after British TV naturalist Sir David Attenborough. The species, (Prethopalpus attenboroughi) – is a little over a millimetre in length and found only on Horn Island off Northern Queensland"

Comments

Anne McCormack said…
Love this little guy's hair-do! Interesting post and awesome images.
Paul said…
Hey there Anne. Yeah a very groovy hair style eh?. Cheers for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. - Take care

Paul

Popular Posts