New Life In The Garden

I'm always pleased to see new life emerging in our garden - in fact, I take a good deal of comfort from it. And it doesn't matter to me if it's charming little birds or quirky insects, for me every critter is a thing of wonder ...


Cicada Instar almost ready to emerge



A dragonfly at rest



Handsome, don't you think?



Assassin Bugs - I'd been wondering for some time just who those egg capsules belonged to



Another 'true' bug instar



Sucking bugs are prevalent this year



This cheeky Cicada obviously doesn't mind using its mud covered cousin for a perch to dry its wings


True Bug Characteristics. The defining feature of hemipterans is their possession of mouthparts where the mandibles and maxillae are sheathed within a modified labium to form a "beak" or "rostrum", called a proboscis, which is capable of piercing tissues (usually plant tissues) and sucking out the liquids – typically sap.

Comments

Popular Posts