Let Them Eat Snake!

Before we really get into this, I need to make one thing clear - I like snakes, in fact I like most animals come to think of it, except cats - cats are dicks.

So when I heard about a new study by a host of different institutions, inc Macquarie University, regarding the viability of harvesting snakes for the meat ... I thought I'd look into it.

Pythons are a low-emission, climate-resilient food source, converting feed to protein better than chickens or cattle, new research has found. Farmed pythons may offer a sustainable and efficient new form of livestock to boost food security, according to new research. ~ Australian Geographic

The actual study can be viewed here: Python farming as a flexible and efficient form of agricultural food security | Scientific Reports

In reality, this is a quick post - just a nudge at the fact that some media, both independent and otherwise, are using this study as clickbait. No one seriously expects large sections of western society to be dashing out for a helping of sweet and sour python.

The research is worth a read if you're interested, but it is research and - a bit like overcooked snake, it's a touch dry.

Carpet/Jungle Python with tongue tasting the air
My Girl


While I certainly find this python to be beautiful - she certainly doesn't make my stomach rumble, each to their own though, eh?

Important announcement coming soon!


As always - take care, Paul

Comments

Popular Posts